Dydd Mercher, 20 Ebrill 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2015, Gwlad yr Iâ | Denmarc | Norwy | Gwlad Pwyl, 93 munud, (15)
Cyfarwyddwr – Grímur Hákonarson
Mewn dyffryn ffermio anghysbell yng Ngwlad yr Ia, rhaid i ddau frawd ddod at ei gilydd i achub yr hyn sy’n annwyl iddyn nhw. Nid yw’r brodyr Gummi a Kiddi wedi siarad â’i gilydd ers 40 mlynedd ond eto maen nhw’n byw ar ffermydd defaid cyfagos. Pan mae clefyd yn bygwth llinach hynafol eu hyrddod annwyl, cânt eu gorfodi i gyfathrebu. Portread naturiolaidd o fywyd gwledig sy’n gorfoleddu yn harddwch llym y dirwedd a hefyd hiwmor brathog, hyfryd y bobl. Drama sy’n cyffwrdd y galon ac sy’n llawn dynoliaeth.
SGÔR Y GYNULLEIDFA – 80.45%
- Just love the pace and observations, the honest depiction of real life. One of the most powerful stories of redemption I have ever watched. Thank you.
- Beautifully filmed, deeply sad, just carried along by bits of humour. Loved the beards and jumpers
- Slow slow slow sheep!!!
- Who would have thought inaction could have been so gripping? Well the storm was far from inactive! Obsession or passion? Perhaps the same. Great visuals. Sound psychology
- Thomas Hardy type tale in the icy northern hemisphere – beautifully shot and very glad no sheep seemed to be harmed
- Loved the story of two brothers, one common goal for the sheep. Heart wrenching, felt for them when the sheep had to die. Humour in parts. Ending of the film, my conclusion is they all died – sheep, dog and brothers but on the hand all lived happily ever after. Loved the bleakness of the scenery and how the whole film captivated you
- Moving portrayal of relationship between brothers and impact of a disease like scrapie
- Brilliant, evocative and so atmospheric
- A good film spoiled by the lack of an ending
- Realistic, superb acting
- Powerful albeit bleak. How much it takes to reunite two brothers after 40 years
- Fascinating; felt like the first part of a two parter. Felt real, want to go to Iceland
- It takes sibling rivalry to its extremes very moving experience
- Like the dog and sheep very moving
- Very interesting story – excellent photography, slow pace added to the atmosphere – lovely music – sad end – message??? Life’s too short – keep talking!
- A not so simple tale of two brothers told simply
- Good dramatic cinematography. A nice story but was it a happy ending!????
- Showed how tough life is outside the cities and towns of Iceland. Very sad film but enjoyed
- Did they run out of money or film?
- I wasn’t sure if it was meant to be a drama or a comedy. However I did enjoy it. The ending was quite abrupt though