Dydd Mercher, 24 Mai 2017, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2016, UDA, 111 munud, (15)
Cyfarwyddwr – Barry Jenkins
A timeless story of the search for companionship, ‘Moonlight’ chronicles the life of a young black man named Chiron, as he grows up gay in a rough Miami neighbourhood.
From shy child to awkward adolescent to hardened adult, we follow Chiron’s journey through life as he struggles to figure out his place in the world, aided and abetted by his junkie mother, drug dealer mentor and best friend Kevin.
One of the most critically-acclaimed films of the year, ‘Moonlight’ is an enormously affecting and emotionally shattering portrait of one man’s search for self-discovery.
SGÔR Y GYNULLEIDFA – 66.67%
- Superb performances with a rich, melancholic tale of a young black guy growing up – memorable and I know I will think about it a lot over the coming days
- Really interesting but could have done with sub titles! I found the dialect very difficult to follow. But touching!
- Beautifully shot and acted
- Absolutely loved the section with the lead as an adult at the end. Great to see a film about gay Afrocarribean men. Not the best film of the year though
- Pretty good. Very slow pace, mystifying dialogue
- Likes the filming and portrayal of growing up but disliked mumbling and the ‘unsteady’ film shots and loss of focus. Though it could have been shorter without losing anything. Disappointed after the hype of the Oscars
- Non rap music was beautiful as was Little. Didn’t understand the dialogue