Dydd Iau, 1 Chwefror 2018, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2017, DU/Iwerddon, 121 munud, (15)
Cyfarwyddwr – Yorgos Lanthimos
Mae Steven, llawfeddyg carismatig, wedi cymryd bachgen yn ei arddegau dan ei adain. Ar ôl i ymddygiad y llanc droi sinistr mae bywyd Steven yn dechrau chwalu – ac mae rhaid iddo fe wneud aberth annychmygol. Gyda Colin Farrell a Nicole Kidman.
YMATEB Y CYNELLEIDFA:
Well this one certainly split the audience!
Very Good 4
Giving an overall rating of 62%
- Totally weird
- That’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back
- Didn’t think I would like it after ‘Lobster’ but I did, so either I’m sick or tired
- Reminded me of David Lynch, Kubrick and Michael Haneke in the way it was so unsettling and challenging to watch. Great cinematography and score. Provocative narrative.
- Not as good as ‘Lobster’ but I still enjoyed. The photography shots were good. Acting very wooden but that was their characters. Missing the link to the title of the film and the film itself.
- In one word- hysterical. Also remarkable cinema, so appalling and funny
- Unusual macabre, zany music and camera angles – odd with no laughs
- Does it mean something? Is it a metaphor? Is it telling of the limitations of medicine? From the outset the relationships were peculiar. It is Stephen’s self- destructive phantasy? No idea! The music/sounds were unsettling and unpleasant. The final classical piece of music was sublime
- Quite derivative in its score, pacing and style. I think it wants to be understood on a metaphorical level. From the outset the family seem odd and unaffectionate. On the surface they have all they need materially but they’re soulless. A metaphor for the death of the ‘American Dream’??
- Good acting but what the hell??? What was it all about?
- The filming was good – sound and music good but acting was wooden and hard to have any feeling for any of the characters.
- A gripping film right until the end. Moving performance by Martin. But why do people have to eat so noisily in the cinema!