Dydd Iau, 26 Hydref 2017, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2016, Ffrainc | Gwlad Belg | Siapan, 80 munud, (PG)
Cyfarwyddwr – Michael Dudok de Wit
Trasiedi gwefreiddiol yn yr hwn mae merch ifanc herfeiddiol yn brwydrau yn erbyn normau cymdeithasol llethol yr 19eg ganrif. Yn garcharwraig mewn priodas ddigariaid i ddyn llawer hŷn ac wedi’i gorfodi gan deulu croengaled ei gŵr sadistaidd, mae’r briodferch ifanc yn cychwyn ar berthynas angerddol.
IMDb – The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)
Rotten Tomatoes – The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)
YMATEB CYNELLEIDFA: 79%
Votes as follows
Very Good 13
- A simple story realised with such beauty and an emotive and heart-wrenching score
- Was a bit long but I liked the crabs
- A sweet tale – almost believed in the cartoons
- Really enjoyed the Welsh short films – Turtle – confused – will have to think about it
- Too many adverts
- Haunting music and a charming tale with reminiscences of ‘Castaway’ and ‘Water Babies’ excellent animation
- Don’t recommend
- Simplicity at its best beautiful wordless film the 3 shorts were also outstanding – excellent evening
- Beautiful gentle and absorbing. Very pleased my wife made me watch it
- Moving, mysterious and magical
- Beautiful images – but hopeless storyline
- Beautiful animation (of course) loved the music. Another excellent choice
- Wonderful animation and story- a beautiful film – enjoyed the short films too
- Absolutely enchanting – lots of tears shed
- The grainy, lush animation style is so lovely to rest your eyes on! What a heart warming and lovely story about mankind/womankind and nature. Than you for showing this
- The short films were brilliant
- Gorgeous, detailed and captivating
TYMOR YR HYDREF
Our autumn season of film as follows. We have a mixed bunch of film, hopefully something for everyone!
We are pleases to announce the return of Paul Shallcross for Horror Shorts III, we have enjoyed his company twice already, he has been wonderful company, his sense of humour and his talent on the piano have made for very enjoyable evenings. We hope you can come and support what is a wonderful evening.
We are also pleased to be showing K2D, the film made when film club members Tom and Dominique and their children made a motorcycle trip through India to raise funds for their Interburns charity. We will be passing a bucket around to collect money for Interburns that night and all contributions large and small will be appreciated and put to good use!
- Sing Street
Dydd Mawrth, 6 Medi 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
- The Pearl Button (El Botón de Nácar)
Dydd Iau, 15 Medi 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
Dydd Sadwrn, 24 Medi 2016, 6:30 yh
- The Daughter
Dydd Mawrth, 27 Medi 2016, 2pm & 7:30pm
Dydd Iau, 6 Hydref 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
- The Brand New Testament (Le Tout Nouveau Testament)
Dydd Mercher, 12 Hydref 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
- Embrace of the Serpent (El Abrazo de la Serpiente)
Dydd Mawrth, 18 Hydref 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
- Silent Horror Shorts III
Dydd Mercher, 26 Hydref 2016, 7:30 yh
- Men & Chicken (Mænd & Høns)
Dydd Mercher, 9 Tachwedd 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
Dydd Sadwrn, 19 Tachwedd 2016, 7:00 yh
Dydd Iau, 1 Rhagfyr 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
Hello Pontardawe Film Fans
The next film selection meeting will take place on Wednesday 25th May at 7.00pm in the Arts Centre. Hope you can make it.
If you can’t, let us know what films you would like us to consider for next season.
The audience gave the film ‘Still Life‘ a score of 89.47%
Here are the comments:
- Excellent! The antidote to action movies… (and I’m not being sarcastic)
- Loved this film, amazing detail, beautifully filmed and a wonderful story.
- Unbelievably poignant. Extremely well acted + directed. Quite beautiful.
- Awesome film – very thought provoking.
- Slow but very moving, The ending was a little contrived, but it was very affecting. It was a very powerful film.
- Very moving poignant film – with wonderful humour – brilliantly acted and directed.
- Fab film. Really drawn in to the story. Emotional. I did not expect the ending, but very poignant. Will watch again.
- Artistically + cinematographically very ‘French’ so good to see UK can make sophisticated genre as well.
- Never thought that such a job existed. It is touching that he cared, but what a lonely life.
- Very touching beautifully crafted film.
- Very poignant.
- Quirky, moving, tragi-comedy with a European feel to the structure of the film….
- A sad-sweet tale of a lonely man.
Our next selection meeting is on the Tuesday the 5th of May.
We will be selecting our Autumn Season of films.
Selection meetings are open to all film club members. I hope you can make it and help shape the club.