Dydd Mawrth, 5 Chwefror 2019, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2018, Paragwâi, 98 munud, (12A), isdeitlau
Cyfarwyddwr – Marcelo Martinessi
Bygythir y berthynas rhwng dwy ddynes gyfoethog pan gaiff un ei charcharu a phan mae’r llall yn cychwyn fflyrtian yn annisgwyl.
IMDb – The Heiresses
Rotten Tomatoes – The Heiresses
Dydd Iau, 8 Tachwedd 2018, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2017, Eidal / Ffrainc, 132 munud, (15) isdeitlau
Cyfarwyddwr – Lua Guadagnino
Yn yr Eidal yn y 1980au, mae rhamant yn datblygu rhwng myfyriwr 17 oed a dyn hŷn a gyflogwyd gan ei dad i gynorthwyo yn ei ymchwil.
IMDb – Call Me By Your Name
Rotten Tomatoes – Call Me By Your Name
Dydd Mercher, 11 Ebrill 2018, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2017, Chile/Sbaen, 104 munud, (R) subtitled
Cyfarwyddwr – Sebastian Lelio
Mae Daniela Vega’n chwarae rôl cantores drawsryweddol y mae ei pherthynas â dyn llawer hŷn yn dod i ben sydyn pan fydd e’n dioddef ymlediad marwol. Yn hytrach na chael ei thrin â thosturi, mae hi’n wynebu amheuaeth a dirmyg gan yr awdurdodau a gelyniaeth gan ei deulu. Datguddiad trawiadol o ddewrder a chryfder.
IMDb – A Fantastic Woman
Rotten Tomatoes – A Fantastic Woman
YMATEB Y CYNELLEIDFA:
- 13 excellent
- 11 very good
- 2 good
- 2 average
- 1 poor
Giving an overall rating of 78%
- Compassionate film about being transgender and prejudice – lovely voice
- Brilliant, tragic, ugly, sordid, beautiful
- A passionate and powerful resistance to prejudice
- Fab film, nice venue, staff welcoming
- Brilliant performance by Daniela Vega
- Wonderful film and riveting performance by Daniela Vega. Stunning!
- Parts moved me unbelievably other parts left me cold
- An intriguing and moving film not as gripping as I had expected but I enjoyed the upbeat ending
- A very powerful film good music and use of lighting
- Very engaging and sympathetic protagonist – put spotlight on prejudices and raised valuable questions
- Performance was good, cinematography good , too long! Bored!
- I wanted more from this film than I feel it ultimately delivered
The audience gave ‘52 Tuesdays‘ a score of 69.57%
It seemed to have a ‘Marmite’ effect, you either loved it or hated it.
Here are the comments:
- Thought provoking insight into a young person coming to terms with he sexuality amidst uncertainty.
- Complex and compelling.
- Terrific photography. What is male, female, young, old? Still waters run deep.
- Brilliant cinematography. Great casting. Very interesting.
- Disturbing, full of emotion, conflicted ones and true ones. A truly beautiful film.
- The nuclear family goes nuclear! Captured the complexity if a complicated situation very well.
- Whatever happens – Life goes on!
- Very good. Thanks.
- Excellent acting/cinematography – took a while to work out relationships – 2nd half seemed to move at a faster pace – clever directing.
- Not a poor film, appreciate the sentiment but had to watch. ‘Jones’ was not a caring character. Liked the daughter.
- Worse film I have ever seen and I didn’t even see it all. Now that is saying something.
- Lasted until day 4.
Please remember if you leave a comment that I have to be able to read them to be able to type them up to post on the website. They are becoming more difficult to read each time.