YMATEB Y CYNELLEIDFA:
Great turn out for the film and interesting discussion after the film with Peter and Craig giving an insight into the making of the film. Fantastic to see quality films coming out of Wales.
Thanks to Film Hub Wales for sponsoring the event.
Audience vote was as follows
- Excellent 30
- Very Good 20
- Good 10
- Average 1
- Poor 2
Giving an overall score of 79.8%
- Just grand
- Totally bonkers but loved the film (well it was local!)
- Look forward to Canaries 2
- Wonderful blood and yellow macs
- Great entertainment
- Great fun. Well done on making such a good film on a budget of just £29k Incredible!!
- Quirky – fun and scary in good amounts! Love the soundtrack and the location – of course!
- Very funny
- Behind every great man….. in this case Craig’s Mum
- A very good film for this low cost of production. Good acting by all the cast. Put Lower Cwmtwrch on the map!
- Witty and Welsh. Bring on the return of the yellow Peril! Many interesting juxtapositions and atmospheric music
- Thoroughly enjoyed. Looking forward to the sequel
- Great evening. Be back
- Loved the fact that the film made me jump in parts as well as laugh in parts. Humour was spot on. Daft horror but loved the build up from 1980 to the present day
- Amusing. Actually jumped a few times. Enjoyed this
- Fantastic what can be achieved on such a small budget through all the support both locally and away and your creativity
- Loved opening scene. Laughed out loud many times. And jumped!
- Crap. But nice guys
- Fantastic film. Looking forward to the sequel
- Very good, cant wait for a sequel. Creative storytelling, engaging and a fantastic horror.
- A bit disjointed. Made it difficult to watch at times
- Enjoyed – reminded me of Peter Jackson’s bad taste
- Can’t say I was able to follow all the plot but worth watching for the jokes and especial=ally the wonderful main setting. Was this a prediction of L’Attaque des Gilets Jaunes?
- Very funny. Some great shots. Good to hear and see proper local place and people. Enjoyed even though I don’t like horror.
- OK low budget and funny in parts
- So bad it was good and very funny and scary
- Shaun of the Dead meets Stella! Amazing achievement on the budget
- It was well acted and well made for a low budget film, funny in parts, but I found it a bit morbid and despairing in parts. I’m not a fan of horror movies anyway (Philippians 4:8)
- Really enjoyed. A movie with a sense of humour
- Crap ending!! Hope to see follow up soon though
- Great humour and well produced
- Great to see in Ponty. Second time to see the film and still good thanks
- Very well scripted, directed and produced… they had a small budget and worked very well within their means – using fantastic techniques to make their job and that of the crew and cast easier without impacting the story or impact. This film is very much Simon Pegg and Nick Frost meets Ruth Jones. For a project that started off as a bunch of mates having a bit of crack it has actually turned into a very good film! I am looking forward to seeing more collaborations from this team.