Starring the wonderful Fanny Ardant a delightful film about the late life crisis of a 60 year old woman recently retired who is given a subscription to Bright Days Ahead – a club for the elderly. Instead of immersing herself in pottery and drama lessons she embarks on an affair with the 40 year old IT coach.
Audience Score: 62.88%
- Brilliant characterisation and effective scenery.
- So French!
- Great theme. The French viewpoint a pleasing change. Inspiring and thought provoking.
- Very good very French. There are not so many films about sexy older women!!
- Unexpected twists and turns.
- Tres bon!
- Very entertaining. Not short on the rumpy pumpy exactly!!
- I didn’t think that Calais was so exciting!
- Very believable characters. Glad it didn’t end too badly for the main protagonist!
- A bit of fun.
- Waste of time.
- Once you have seen this type of film once, you have seen dozens. Sorry, just not my type of film.
- Needs more warnings for teenagers.