Known for his roles in Maurice Pagnol’s ‘Jean de Florette’ , Auteil returns to Pagnol’s Marseille for ‘Marius’ the first in a trilogy of films set in Marseille. The story recounts the love affair between a young shop girl, Fanny, and her childhood friend, would be sailor Marius.
Audience Score: 78.57%
- Some nice camera work, but really more of a filmed stage play than anything else.
- Not really mon verre de pastis, I’m afraid.
- She was too good for him anyway – and so was his Dad, humorous and charming.
- Excellent – loved everything about it – humour, pathos, scenery, acting.
- Will we be seeing Fanny soon?