Iceland’s Oscar submission. A darkly funny, inventive and very distinctive film set in a quirky horse-riding community in stunning rural Iceland. Pondering the relationship between man and horse Erlingsson depicts the struggles, romances and jealousies of key members of this small community.
“Something truly and seductively strange” Robbie Collin The Telegraph.
Audience Score: 65.97%
- Superb well crafted – good story
- Beautifully filmed – excellent acting, scenery fantastic but hated gruesome bits – strange humour!
- A film to remember!
- Now I’ve seen everything!
- A humorous, horsey tale in a strange community.
- The ‘mane’ actors were ‘horsing’ around