Set in a remote village where church and mosque stand side by side. A group of Lebanese women try to ease religious tensions between Christians and Muslims men in their village to prevent a religious war.
Dir: Nadine Labaki
Audience Score: 69.17%
- If only life were like this..
- Excellent movie. Wonderful cast
- Loved it – very clever, atmospheric + enthralling
- A remarkable film
- A lovely matriarchal film, could have been any village in West Wales…
- A bit far fetched but well done.
- Really enjoyed it – it dealt with a very difficult subject with such wonderful humour.
- Enjoyed the film – comedy, drama, musical?! The folly of religion!
- Pathos, humour, well-dash acted – a new model for the roadmap to peace?!
- If only it could happen in real life.
- Liked the hash song. Imagined it being sung to entertain the cabinet!
- Make love – not war!
- Couldn’t follow the plot – and ‘humour’ much to heavy handed