Llun – Monday, 16 Mawrth – March, 2pm & 7:30pm
BWCIO TOCYNNAU – ONLINE BOOKING – Pontardawe Arts Centre
USA, 2014, 107 mins
Cyf – Dir: Damien Chazelle
Drama gymeriad eithafol, mae’r actor ifanc Miles Teller yn serenu yn Whiplach fel drymiwr addawol. Yn astudio yn y Schaffer Conservatory mawreddog yn Efrog Newydd fe’i dysgir gan Fletcher sy’n gyrru ei fyfyriwr tuag at lwyddiant uchel mewn modd anuniongred ac anfaddeuol.
A superlative character drama, Whiplash stars rising actor Miles Teller as a promising drummer. Studying at the prestigious Schaffer Conservatory in New York he is taught by Fletcher who drives his student towards high achievement through unorthodox and unforgiving methods.
This film has been supported financially by East Side Insurance, Pontardawe. Thank you!
The audience gave this film a score of 89.06%
Here are the comments by the audience:
- Drumming is not that interesting but I was transfixed. I loved it.
- An extraordinary film that realistically depicts the relationship between the talented but cruel tutor and his student.
- Fascinating. Loved the music. Interesting where boundry lies between pushing to achieve and being a bully.
- Riveting from start to finish. Superb!
- Very enjoyable
- I wasn’t expecting much more than drumming, but the back story caught me up.
- Another brilliant film. Questions raised, remained unanswered. Music sublime.
- Better than I had expected.
- Dangerous obsession – loved the jazz.
- There was I thinking music was to be enjoyed, to be fun. I didn’t realise it had to be beaten into you by a maniac with a proverbial big stick.