Monday, 21 March 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2015, USA, 121 minutes, (15)
Director – Denis Villeneuve
Emily Blunt stars as an idealistic FBI agent enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico. Also starring Benico Del Toro and John Brolin.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 67.5%
- Gripping, tense, atmospheric, night vision scene. Directing was superb. Life like in the cartel drug world. Will watch again as in this type of film, you’ll see things you missed the first time round.
- Very gripping and tense. Some great set pieces and tense throughout. Excellent.
- Cheer me up why don’t you!!
- Very entertaining.
- Morally challenging with no easy answers! Acting & cinematography were excellent!
- Not a film you could sleep through – very tense. The border between right and wrong is very blurred in some situations.
- Tense drama enhanced by great soundtrack.
- Very atmospheric and bleak.
- Bruce Willis eat your heart out! When you are up to your neck in —- it is hard to remember the intention was to clear the swamp!
- Gritty and grim – I liked the dark music to accompany a dark tale…. Sicario – girl was a bit dippy.
- I could appreciate that this was a very well directed film but this type of film isn’t my cup of tea. There were times when the dialogue was difficult to understand when the actors were mumbling.Great cinematography, very good casting, felt a bit sorry for the main protagonist, felt she had been used by the system. My guess is that the film is based on a certain amount of truth, and there lies the problem, we the good guys have turned into monsters that are just as bad as the bad guys! Food for thought.
- Good acting, good soundtrack, good cinematography. Grim!
- Hate stories of man’s inhumanity to man – Revenge killing at the end was appalling! No need to shoot the boys. Save good photography. Didn’t like Emily Blunt.
- Some nice set pieces but a poor plot. Lead character was totally unconvincing + unsympathetic. Disappointing.