Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2015, Ireland/USA/UK, 106 minutes, (12A)
Director – John Carney
A funny, boisterous and joyously uplifting treat. Set in Dublin in 1985 it is a loving homage to the 80s full of in-joke cultural references to the period, its music and fashion. In an attempt to win the favour of the beautiful Raphina, teenage Conor asks her to appear in his music video. The only problem is he’s not yet in a band.
There will be a drinks reception after the film.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 90.12%
- This is the film I always wanted to make
- Made me smile lots
- A musical of sorts. Very irish I loved it
- Really enjoyed feel good film
- A feel good film. Real life. Families, break ups. Bullies being useful. Music good too. Will recommend
- A great feelgood movie, enjoyable on many levels. Great humour, music and relationships
- Fabulous …. Such a ‘feel good’ factor – poignant observations on relationships
- What a great film. Lifted my spirits significantly
- Extremely talented young actors – upbeat, fun and good music
- Lovely storyline all about people and life! Excellent.
- Good start to new season! Felt surprisingly nostalgic
- Ah yes, the power of the music and the band!! Brilliant costumes too and good acting
- Highly recommended great music. Great music
- Loved it
- Hope over adversity a feel good film
- Third time we have seen this film. Still makes us laugh and enjoy. May appear to be light but has depth
- Reminded me how I felt at 15 years. Enjoyed