Thursday, 1 December 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2015, Argentina, 108 minutes, (15)
Director – Cesc Gay
A study in friendship and fate. Julian has terminal cancer. Reunited with his childhood friend they spend a few days in a city full of nostalgic moments.
90% scoring for Truman
Comments as follows
- We enjoyed this film very much. Poignant, touching, funny and amusing.
- A roller coaster of emotions – joys and griefs – poor Truman seemed almost incidental – the perfect, quiet companion animal
- A very brave, sad film, guitar music was very emotive
- Really emotional and very truthful about men (and women’s) relationships excellent film. One of the best this season
- Heart-warming. Brilliant acting
- I found the son’s choice to go to a concert with his girlfriend rather than spend time with his dying father rather unbelievable and the relationships were all rather shallow – in the circumstances I would expect more sincerity
- Too emotional to comment
- Moving and accurate picture of men’s relationships. Use of dog clever!
- A gentle stroll through a man’s last days told with gentle aplomb and some touching moments
- Well told well acted could have ben over sentimental but was moving
- Lovely soundtrack extremely moving captivating acting
- Sorry ! thought the ethics were awful