Monday, 11 September 2017, 2:00 pm
Tuesday, 12 September 2017, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2015, Sweden, 116 minutes, (15)
Director – Hannes Holm
From the best-selling novel a funny, tragic but heart-warming story about Ove, an ill-tempered, isolated retiree who spends his days enforcing block association rules and visiting his wife’s grave. He has given up on life until an unlikely friendship develops with his boisterous new neighbours.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 89.22%
- Good adaption from book. Very well acted. Both heart warming & sad.
- A lovely mixture of humour & sadness. Very well acted & directed. Very good camera work too. The plot was an excellent way to convey things aren’t as necessarily obvious as they may seem. There’s often a hidden reason. Enjoyed it very much.
- Really wonderful film. What a brilliant actor. Good casting all round.
- Wonderful love story. So sad, powerful emotions. Lovely characters. Shows the importance of human connection!
- Lovely feel good film especially the explosion in the middle.
- Very good. Mostly happy.
- As good as the book.
- Amazing film.
- Great film. Good start to the season.
- Went to Cardiff to see this. Thrilled it has come to Ponty, loved the book. Ove rules the world.
- Compassionate, kind, funny.
- A dark Swedish comedy. Can’t get any better.
- Tender, wonderfully acted. Just beautiful!
- Very amazing – pity about the power cut just before the end.
- Very touching & amusing at the same time.
- A great film – good mix of comedy & sadness. Very close to the book.