Tuesday, 6 June 2017, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2016, France | Germany | Belgium, 130 minutes, (18)
Director – Paul Verhoeven
Michele seems indestructible. Head of a leading video game company, she brings the same ruthless attitude to her love life as to business.
Being attacked in her home by an unknown assailant changes Michele’s life forever. When she resolutely tracks the man down, they are both drawn into a curious and thrilling game–a game that may, at any moment, spiral out of control.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 57.5%
- My second viewing and I’m still not completely sure about some of it! Ambiguous morality and characters that defy expectations. Mostly mesmerising
- Even when I finally realised what caused her to act as she did I still didn’t like her – or indeed any of the characters in the film – which made it difficult to engage or empathise but loved the use of music
- Melodramatic twaddle!
- Outstanding, gripping. Great plot and character – like Hitchcock in development. Wonderful score
- Difficult to get the meaning of the film but thoroughly enjoyed
- A film about nothing really other than a 10 year old traumatised child who could never forgive her father
- Gripping film. What a character!
- As always with Verhoeven, it pushes the limits of good taste. However it was totally gripping and an excellent film
- Not sure what to think – sad and desperate