Thursday, 21 September 2017, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2016, Iran | France, 124 minutes, (12A)
Director – Asghar Farhadi
From the maker of A Separation and The Past a film which explores challenging questions of morality and retribution. A beautifully observed and crafted movie which won the coveted best foreign language film Oscar.
AUDIENCE SOCRE: 80.3%
Votes as follows
Very good 15
- Oh dear, the men didn’t come out of this very well did they!
- Unfortunately I don’t remember the story of the Arthur Miller play.
- A rather harrowing draggy film
- Enjoyed watching this
- Slow to start but it was gripping until the end
- Rubbish ending
- Very good but heavy viewing
- Very gripping slow moving drama. Kept me on the edge of my seat throughout
- Definitely a trade-mark ending from this director. But then, that real life, isn’t it?
- Very enjoyable
- Excellent film – very thought provoking concerting th themes of guilt and revenge. BTZW we also have Farhadi’s The Past in 2009 and that was a great film too
- A powerful portrayal of showing the futility of revenge. Another hard hitting piece of cinema by Ashgar Farhadi. Excellent script,s direction , photography and acting