AUDIENCE REACTION: ‘Peterloo’
Our first film of the season was very well received. The Pontardawe audience votes were as follows:
- Excellent 32
- Very good 10
- Good 4
Giving an overall score of 90.2%
- A detailed history lesson – amazing detail!
- Very realistic. Thought it might show the impact afterwards
- An epic of a film – a sign of the times
- I do love a good baddy and there were certainly plenty of those – was it acceptable given the mores of the age or was the early 19th century full of brutes and cads?
- A weirdly paced film – sometimes almost Shakespearean, sometimes quite shallow – but shines a light on an important and overlooked part of British democratic history
- How little life changes
- Great film – the riot scene was brutal!
- History I’d never even known. Thought provoking. Times have not changed sadly
- So pleased to have seen this. Feel a little overwhelmed – brilliant and just what needs to be seen
- Vive le republic!!
- Much better than I expected
- Enjoyed the film, loved the acting, well scripted and directed. History should be kept alive in films as not a lot of reading done these days. More like this please
- I’ve been looking forward to this film since I first heard about it in early days of its production my plans to see it earlier were unavoidably thwarted so I was very please dot see it tonight a great achievement from Mike Leigh
- Thank you
- Excellent film. Will find out more about the event which I think is hidden away
- Given the current power struggles in the UK it seems that not much has changed
- Very affecting – wonderful hats
- Fantastic film! Brilliant well developed set scenes. Hidden from popular history
- Harrowing portrayal of the horror that humans are able to act upon each other when they see the difference between themselves. A warning for us all thank you fo showing such an important film
- A great tribute to those who protested
- But there were a few caricatures
- Powerful shocking film