Thursday, 26 October 2017, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2016, France | Belgium | Japan, 80 minutes, (PG)
Director – Michael Dudok de Wit
A man is shipwrecked on a deserted island. He is desperate to escape until one day he meets a strange, giant red turtle and begins a friendship that will change his life. Exquisite wordless animation from Studio Ghibli.
IMDb – The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)
Rotten Tomatoes – The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)
Our autumn season of film as follows. We have a mixed bunch of film, hopefully something for everyone!
We are pleases to announce the return of Paul Shallcross for Horror Shorts III, we have enjoyed his company twice already, he has been wonderful company, his sense of humour and his talent on the piano have made for very enjoyable evenings. We hope you can come and support what is a wonderful evening.
We are also pleased to be showing K2D, the film made when film club members Tom and Dominique and their children made a motorcycle trip through India to raise funds for their Interburns charity. We will be passing a bucket around to collect money for Interburns that night and all contributions large and small will be appreciated and put to good use!
- Sing Street
Tuesday, 6 September 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
- The Pearl Button (El Botón de Nácar)
Thursday, 15 September 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
Saturday, 24 September 2016, 6:30 pm
- The Daughter
Tuesday, 27 September 2016, 2pm & 7:30pm
Thursday, 6 October 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
- The Brand New Testament (Le Tout Nouveau Testament)
Wednesday, 12 October 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
- Embrace of the Serpent (El Abrazo de la Serpiente)
Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
- Silent Horror Shorts III
Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 7:30 pm
- Men & Chicken (Mænd & Høns)
Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
Saturday, 19 November 2016, 7:00 pm
Thursday, 1 December 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
Hello Pontardawe Film Fans
The next film selection meeting will take place on Wednesday 25th May at 7.00pm in the Arts Centre. Hope you can make it.
If you can’t, let us know what films you would like us to consider for next season.
The audience gave the film ‘Still Life‘ a score of 89.47%
Here are the comments:
- Excellent! The antidote to action movies… (and I’m not being sarcastic)
- Loved this film, amazing detail, beautifully filmed and a wonderful story.
- Unbelievably poignant. Extremely well acted + directed. Quite beautiful.
- Awesome film – very thought provoking.
- Slow but very moving, The ending was a little contrived, but it was very affecting. It was a very powerful film.
- Very moving poignant film – with wonderful humour – brilliantly acted and directed.
- Fab film. Really drawn in to the story. Emotional. I did not expect the ending, but very poignant. Will watch again.
- Artistically + cinematographically very ‘French’ so good to see UK can make sophisticated genre as well.
- Never thought that such a job existed. It is touching that he cared, but what a lonely life.
- Very touching beautifully crafted film.
- Very poignant.
- Quirky, moving, tragi-comedy with a European feel to the structure of the film….
- A sad-sweet tale of a lonely man.
Our next selection meeting is on the Tuesday the 5th of May.
We will be selecting our Autumn Season of films.
Selection meetings are open to all film club members. I hope you can make it and help shape the club.