Responses as follows for our screening of ’71 last night
10 very good
Which produces a score of 90%
Comments as follows:
- Beautifully observed. Terrific performances, very close up and in your face, particularly impressed by the sound track and its contribution to the drama.
- Brutal, shocking. The antithesis of the sanitised sentimental telling of the seventies. Very bleak, but very well made.
- Powerful and dramatic, but not exactly life affirming.
- Very powerful film, almost too painful to watch.
- Wonderful to see the humanity that prevails in the most testing of environments.
- I wanted the film to end and put me out of my agony. The confusion multiplied the agony.
- Having served three tours of duty in Northern Ireland myself I found the film to be very depictive of the reality and era. Very very good and realistic.
- War and corruption. Gripping but harrowing.
- Compelling depiction of a dreadful situation.
- In ’71 I was 20. Was it really like this? I fear so, I don’t know so.
- Impossible. Puts a different light for me on the peace process.
- A horrible wonderful film that all should see.
- Very powerful but don’t know if good film.
- Hard hitting. An unpleasant reminder of the troubles.