Dydd Mercher, 13 Ionawr 2016, 2:00 yh & 7:30 yh
2015, Gwlad Groeg | Iwerddon | Yr Iseldiroedd | UK | Ffrainc, 119 munud, (15)
Cyfarwyddwr – Yorgos Lanthimos
Gyda’r un mesur o gomedi ac aflonyddwch i’r meddwl, mae The Lobster wedi ei gosod mewn dyfodol agos dystopiaidd. Yn ôl cyfreithiau’r ddinas, neu ‘The City’ fel y cyfeirir ati yn y ffilm, eir â phobl sengl i’r Gwesty ble mae’n rhaid iddyn nhw ddod o hyd i bartner rhamantaidd o fewn 45 niwrnod neu gael eu newid yn fwystfilod a’u hanfon i mewn i’r goedwig. Colin Farrell a Rachel Weisz yw sêr y ffilm.
SGÔR Y GYNULLEIDFA – 65.12%
- My type of quirky film. Well acted, unusual, dark + humour as well. Summed up in two words “Disturbingly interesting”.
- Brilliantly made + performed. Very funny, absurd and troubling.
- Wonderful, audacious film – great cast, great music (especially the Shostakovich), great concept. Like ‘Under the Skin’ it proves Sci-fi isn’t all about spaceships and robots.
- Visually stunning, compelling storyline + great cast.
- Excellent concept, well filmed and acted, good take on societies expectations on one another, offbeat.
- The ultimate blind date in my opinion!
- Challenging film to watch due to the bloody scenes. However the acting was wonderful and I empathised with the main character. I would recommend this film, but it is not for 15 year olds.
- Bizarre and compelling. I’ll have to think about this before I can comment properly!
- 120 minutes of oblivion. Enjoyed it. Thank you…
- Totally not what I was expecting. Weird, sad, funny & scary.
- Interesting idea, very funny, good cast, would recommend.
- A dark comedy – disturbing yet riveting. One waits to see what will happen next!
- Challenging but a great start to the new season.
- I enjoyed the 1st half – funny and held my interest re the hotel. Once escaped however I got bored and failed to understand the point of the film. Not that films have to have a point.
- We need a new category “Strange”
- Utterly thought provoking!
- Not Farells best but certainly most unusual + quite funny in both ways.
- Sad / Funny
- Interesting film, however, I’m not a fan of Cliff-hangers – I’d rather a film have more of a definitive ending! Boring I know!
- Maybe too weird.
- Acting good. Funny. Entertaining. A little gory in places for my taste.
- Weird, different for sure. Liked the incongruous animals in the wood, some scenery and the music, some funny scenes but overall not keen – a Marmite film.
- Not really sure if I enjoyed this film or not?
- I’ve given it average not that there was anything average about it. I’ve never seen a film like it before. So it was very original but I found it horrific.
- Can’t take any more of it. Sorry
- Pseudo intellectual pile of cack!
- Hated it!
- My main thought throughout this film was, “I hope it ends soon’.
- Didn’t like it at all.
If you want to leave follow up comments please do so below. Thank you. Diolch