After he is threatened during a confession a good natured priest (Brendan Gleeson) must battle the dark forces closing in around him. Idiosyncratic plot and bleak humour mark this script. Gleeson provides a wonderful performance, bemused and dignified as he confronts his mortality.
Audience Score: 86.88%
- Very powerful, excellent direction, thought-provoking + much needed film in today’s society.
- Strong emotions, the acting is incredible – the human soul at its darkest hour.
- Moving, thought provoking about anger that may be felt by survivors abuse by priests when children.
- I was expecting a Western then read the title properly. An entertaining film beautifully made, rich and very moving.
- There could not be a happy outcome.
- Gleeson terrific. Scenery breathtaking. Dilemma thought provoking. v.v. good.
- Very well shot, beautiful scenery.
- Lovely Irish scenery But Weirdly bleak!
- Hard to understand but well made.
- A very deep and disturbing film.
- Did anybody else suspect that the daughter was involved?
Film sponsored by Clean Ground Partners – for Japanese Knotweed control