An Iranian man deserts his French wife and her two children to return to his homeland. Meanwhile his wife starts up a new relationship, a reality her husband confronts upon his wife’s request for a divorce. So much for the plot. Farhadi unfolds his story of marital disharmony, where nobody is innocent and all are trapped by the past. Our loyalties shift with each revelation.
Dir: Asghar Farhadi
Audience Score: 81.48%
- Beautiful. I feel I want to see it again!
- Enthralling right up to the end. Excellent acting from everyone.
- V. powerful – the effects of adults’ actions on children was v poignant and raised the film from being just another relationship-gone-wrong narrative.
- Moral dilemmas, gritty realism – well acted.
- Complicated domestic drama.
- Good story, kept you interested from the beginning to end. Excellent acting by young Fouad. For a while I thought Lucie didn’t like Samir because he had an unhealthy feeling for her
- What a depressing film! What a tangled web we weave!