Mawrth – Tuesday, 20 Hydref – October, 2pm & 7:30pm
BWCIO TOCYNNAU – ONLINE BOOKING: Pontardawe Arts Centre
2013, Awstralia – Australia, 109min, (12A)
Cyf – Dir: Sophie Hyde
Drama deuluol am Billie, merch yn ei harddegau o Adelaide, sy’n gorfod dod i delerau â’r newyddion penderfyniad ei mam i drawsnewid i fod yn ddyn. Ceir strwythur naratif anghyffredin i’r ffilm, o amgylch cyfarfodydd wythnosol rhwng y ddau brif gymeriad, wedi ei ffilmio mewn amser iawn.
Affecting coming of age family drama. Adeladie teenager, Billie, must come to terms with the news of her mother’s decision to transition into a man. The film adopts an unusual narrative structure, built around the weekly meetings between the two protagonists, filmed in real time.
Audience Score: 69.57%
It seemed to have a ‘Marmite’ effect, you either loved it or hated it.
Here are the comments:
- Thought provoking insight into a young person coming to terms with he sexuality amidst uncertainty.
- Complex and compelling.
- Terrific photography. What is male, female, young, old? Still waters run deep.
- Brilliant cinematography. Great casting. Very interesting.
- Disturbing, full of emotion, conflicted ones and true ones. A truly beautiful film.
- The nuclear family goes nuclear! Captured the complexity if a complicated situation very well.
- Whatever happens – Life goes on!
- Very good. Thanks.
- Excellent acting/cinematography – took a while to work out relationships – 2nd half seemed to move at a faster pace – clever directing.
- Not a poor film, appreciate the sentiment but had to watch. ‘Jones’ was not a caring character. Liked the daughter.
- Worse film I have ever seen and I didn’t even see it all. Now that is saying something.
- Lasted until day 4.
Please remember if you leave a comment that I have to be able to read them to be able to type them up to post on the website. They are becoming more difficult to read each time.