A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE
Mawrth – Tuesday, 15 Medi – September, 2pm & 7:30pm
BWCIO TOCYNNAU – ONLINE BOOKING: Pontardawe Arts Centre
2014, 100min, (12A)
Cyf – Dir: Roy Anderson
Is-deitlau – Sub-titled
Mewn rhyw fan swrrealaidd ble daw Bergman ar draws The Office ar draws The Fast Show, adeiledir ffilm ddu bitsh yma’n adeiladu o 39 portread bychan cydgysylltiol.
Existing in some surreal place where Bergman meets The Office meets The Fast Show, this pitch black Scandi movie builds in 39 interconnected vignettes.
“Alternately hilarious, heartbreaking and horrifying”, Mark Kermode
Audience Score: 24%.
Here are the comments:
- Poor choice made film night not a good choice.
- Started promisingly with very black humour, but after a while the joke wore off and it just became frustrating. Some excellent composition and some stand out moments à la Bunuel, Beckett and even The League of Gentlemen. But overlong and perhaps too alienating.
- I think I can say that was the strangest film I have ever seen at PFC. I will remember it though. Lottas sko i Göteborg (1943) – you had to be there…
- A surreal slant on humanity.
- Loved it!
- Not quite sure what I’ve just watched?
- How on earth did this film win the Golden Lion?
- Not much on the TV.
- What was that all about then eh?
- Bizzare! + Beige very Swedish.
- Lost 2 hrs of my life.
- A series of surreal pastiches portraying humanity in a mostly sad and sorry state with whiffs of Python-style humour. You probably won’t come out feeling happy!