Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2015, France, 115 minutes, (15)
Director – Jacques Audiard
To escape the civil war in Sri Lanka, a former soldier, a young woman and a little girl pose as a family. They end up settling in a housing project outside Paris. They barely know one another, but try to build a life together – as the threat of escalating gang violence looms over their lives.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 80%
- Out of the frying pan into the fire Very good acting by all
- Fine film spoilt by the shooting spree at the end
- Was the ending intended to represent the life they were expecting – in stark contrast to the one they found themselves living?
- An incredibly well acted reminder of reality in some part of Europe and the world
- Moving, dark and disturbing. Not a pleasing viewing but necessary perhaps. Ending didn’t fit
- Dirty Harry at the end??? Hard work. Don’t think I like film
- Acting outstanding. Totally believable. Quality film
- Multi layered, excellent acting and the tears behind the smiles
- Wow! Why did we have lighting stands on the stage obscuring the film?
- Another thought provoking film. Life is difficult