Tuesday, 27 March 2018, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2017, USA, 119 minutes, (15)
Director – Guillermo del Toro
An other worldy fairy tale set against the backdrop of the Cold War era in America. In a hidden high security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in isolation. Her life changes forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a classified experiment.
- Excellent 31
- Very Good 18
- Good 6
- Average 3
- Poor 3
Giving an overall rating of 79%
- Expensively made twaddle
- Long and tedious. Not really see the point…
- Absolutely beautiful film
- Interesting that the Russian spy becomes heroic
- Not as amazing as Pans Labarinth but engaging adult fairy tale and quite beautiful imagery throughout– loved the homage to classic film
- Beautifully done – took me through many emotions – a strange story but gorgeous despite the gory bits.
- Really enjoyed it
- Very well done – a real modern fairytale.
- The grey selkie all over again. Fab!
- Deserving of the Oscar
- A strange but good film
- To my great surprise I loved it
- Marvellous. A great love story on many levels
- Very enjoyable! Very imaginative. Very dramatic
- Splash Noir! Beautiful visual metaphoe and a classic Chekov’s gun
- Seen and loved all his movies