AUDIENCE REACTION: The Party
We have 60 members at present but an average of 27 turn up to each film.
40 members turned out for this film – and generally a well received reception for the first film of the season.
The votes were as follows:
Very Good 12
Which gave an overall rating of 80.85%
- A very surprising watch. Effective ending. Interesting camera work – every line on skin visible. Characters generally unlikeable!!
- What a party. What a riot
- The music was very good. This film would have made a good play
- Very drole – amusing and quirky characterisation. Well supported by the musical choices. A classy little comedy
- Timothy Spall was wonderful
- Is it true than when you scratch beneath the surface of urbane liberalism all you find is egocentricity?
- Awesome – a great start to the season
- What happens when the liberal elite is stressed
- Despite a great cast I’m afraid it didn’t quite work for me
- Excellent tragi-farcical comedy of manners
- Parts I liked but I wasn’t entirely convinced! Not sure the black and white added anything
- Good fun film to start the season
- Not for me
- Funny poignant and well paced. Would make a great stage play
- Such a brilliant performance of actors – I loved it
- Funniest and cleverest film I’ve seen in a long time more Potter
- Interested. Acting excellent. Script and characterisation poor
- Acting was better than the script
- Amusing, tense, unexpected moments, not only the ending. Excellent dialogue at times. Actors all excellent
- A film worth watching for its black comedy, good acting and funny dialogue
- Very funny, witty and eccentric
- The antithesis of Ken Loach’s film style – self-indulgent, stagey and self-conscious – utterly irritating. It’s one redeeming feature – it was short!
- A rather dull tale of dysfunctional bourgeoisie
- Loved it. Extremely well acted. The camera shots were a joy to watch, a good whole hearted funny (in a dark way) film.