The audience gave the Minima presentation of the 1925 ‘Phantom of the Opera‘ a score of 94%
Here are their comments:
- Music made the film.
- Excellent music suited to the themes, however could perhaps have had a lighter approach to the more comedic scenes.
- Minima’s music was excellent, though not always suited to the themes of the work. Audio quality suffered, something was rattling in the deepest bass in a very distracting fashion. For older works an accompanying info sheet would be helpful.
- An interesting combination of instruments – hypnotic minimalism! What a pity that the level of volume was such that it was distorted and hit resonance with the floor, the furniture and my rib cage. A few decibels less would have enhanced the film instead of competing with it. An excellent attempt chaps; but far too loud. OK for a rave though.
- A fantastic evening! Superb music + an excellent film.
- Outstanding on all levels – The music complemented the film perfectly – the unmasking of the Phantom was particularly powerful as was the final sequence. Please bring Minima back!
- Excellent performance by Minima. A shame that the music was too loud and that it caused a horrible and distracting rattle within the theatre.
- Music was great!
- Really enjoyed doing something different for the night!
- Very good performance. Not what I expected.
- What a brilliant (revived) idea! More please.
- First time I’ve seen this cinema classic – greatly enhanced by the live music.
- Amazing stamina of musicians. Brilliant score.