Tuesday, 11 December 2018, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2017, Italy/France, 108 minutes, (15) subtitles
Director – Michael Hazanavicius
From ‘The Artist’ director a playful multi-layered biopic of Jean Luc Godard, the great New Wave innovator and his tumultuous relationship with Anne Wiazemsky. A political, philosophical and biographic roller coaster brilliantly conjuring the political protest of 1968 France.
IMDb – Redoubtable
Rotten Tomatoes – Redoubtable
The audience gave the film ‘The Connection‘ as core of 90%
Comments as follows:
- Very enjoyable, beautifully shot. Perhaps a little longer than it needed to be but held the attention!
- Very classy film, superbly acted.
- I also remember the events at the time in France. Brilliant acting!
- Not the best script in the world, lots of gaping holes. However the acting was good – the lead actor is very charismatic.
- Good film, strong acting. 2 male leads. Just not my genre! So not excellent.