A big hit at international festivals and a sure crowd pleaser this is a rich and satisfying drama set in colourful Mumbai. The film revolves around a mistaken delivery by the Dabbawalas (lunchbox service) of Mumbai, which leads to a relationship between Saajan, a lonely soon to be retired office worker and Ila, an unhappy housewife.
Dir: Ritesh Batra
Audience Score: 86%
- Hugely enjoyable! Well acted – a lovely film
- Such a lovely film, sad, happy, funny. Can’t wait to eat some Indian food.
- Really enjoyed it.
- I enjoyed the film, it was funny and good.
- A charming film which highlights the loneliness and search for meaning that we all share. But it gives us hope that we can find friendship even with complete strangers.
- A tasty film! Two sad and lonely people plus a joker! Excellent film.
- Great film. Thank you
- Ponderous but drew you in. The ambiguous ending was infuriating
- Slow start but drew me in. Not the ending I expected. Loved Indian life.
- Tender – hoped there would be ‘happy ever after’ at the end…!
- A charming, culinary tale – 2 souls amongst many in crowded India.