ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL
Mercher – Wednesday, 2 Rhagfyr – December, 2pm & 7:30pm
BWCIO TOCYNNAU – ONLINE BOOKING: Pontardawe Arts Centre
2015, UDA – USA, 104min, (12A)
Cyf – Dir: Alfonso Gomez-Rejon
Yn dilyn Greg, bachgn unig 17 oed a’i ‘gydymaith busnes’ Earl sy’n dod yn ffrindiau drwy eu perthynas anesboniadwy gyda’r sinema y byd, ail-wneud y clasuron (A Sockwork Orange i Pooping Tom). Wedi dianc oddi wrth gysylltiad cymdeithasol mae cais mam Greg iddo ymweld â Rachel ffrind o’i blentyndod, sydd newydd ddarganfod bod ganddi lewcemia, yn sialens i’r llanc lletchwith.
Darlun rhyfeddol o gyfeillgarwch platonig rhwng ieuenctid, ar draws cenedl, dosbarth a hil.
Follows Greg, a 17 year old loner and his ‘business assocaite’ Earl who bond over their inexplicable affinity with world cinema, remaking the classics ( A Sockwork Orange to Pooping Tom). Having found the escape from social contact Greg’s mother’s request to visit his childrhood frined Rachel, recently diagnosed iwthleukaemia is a challenging moment for the awkward teen.
Wonderful depiction of deep bonds of platonic friendship between teens across gender, class and race.
Audience Score: 84.09%
Here are their comments:
- Loved the humour, quirkiness, pathos all combined into an amazing film.
Emotional + quirky. Brilliantly directed + acted. A film I would see again.
- Quirky and intelligent.
- I’ve been waiting to see this film for a while – Thank you! It was excellent.
- Great performances, witty script.
- Beautiful film.
- Best film this season. Wonderful.
- Funny at times, and also very moving. Much better than I was expecting.
- Quirky + sad. A great film to end the season.
- Very good. Some funny, some sad.
- Liked its dire portrait of adolescence – Greg. Visually very interesting + entertaining. I believed she’d live! Best one!
- Enjoyable on many levels.
- Not a plastic wrapped baguette or mawkish.