Wednesday, 28 February 2018, 7:30 pm only
2017, France/UK, 106 minutes, (15)
Director – Armando Iannucci
A satirical take on the Soviet dictator’s last days and depicts the chaos of the regime after his death.
An intrepid audience braved the weather and turned up to enjoy the latest Lannucci film – although it has to be said it was Siberian weather inside as well as outside last night – apologise from the Arts Centre – Theatre Genedlaethol were performing in the day and their 5 hour get-out necessitated the doors being open until after 6pm – the boilers just couldn’t manage to heat up the room is such a short time!
- Excellent 24
- Very good 7
- Good 9
- Average 1
Giving an overall rating of 82.9%
- Laugh out loud and somewhat uncomfortably funny given the very brutal events portrayed
- Glad I have seen it. Fancy not recognising Simon Russell Beale Some great lives. However a bit of me agrees with critics – it is no laughing matter. Good film though.
- It’s so surprising that we can laugh about such tragic events but yet we did. So black and we laughed so much.
- A very humorous look at life of the time of secret Russia – good acting
- Superb. Second time I’ve seen it. Thank you
- At times laugh out loud funny, though some of it was a bit tasteless. General interesting and enjoyable
- Light and dark – a highly amusing take on an ugly period in history
- Very enjoyable but freezing cold
- Wonderful film horosho spasibo