Thursday, 11 May 2017, 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
2016, Germany | Austria | Switzerland | Romania, 162 minutes, (15)
Director – Maren Ade
Outrageously funny comedy about the relationship between a father and a daughter. The father – a divorced teacher with a baffling penchant for wacky humour, frequently donning comedy wigs and false teeth. The daughter – a sleek oil company advisor less amused by such jokes.
AUDIENCE SCORE – 64.77%
- At times disturbing, perplexing, funny – but most of all an enjoyable father/daughter relationship making peace with each other
- I didnt know the Germans had a sense of humour! Very funny man – good acting
- Too long. Too German!
- Funny and thoughtful. Not what I was expecting but better for it
- Funny, thought provoking
- An interesting idea but rather long and some of the jokes ran rather thin after a bit
- Weird, thought provoking, seriously funny. Entirely unpredictable. More like this in its uniqueness